Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Aftermath

First of all, DJ was very hesitant on going trick-or-treating last night. Why? She has inherited her mothers insecurities. Poor girl. I just hope she's not well into her 30's before she starts getting over that. Anywho. She went and she had a blast.

When DJ got home last night around 9:00 p.m. she had quite a nice little haul of candy, too bad I hadn't been able to unload the 10lbs or so I have at home, and we promptly began sifting through it to see what "we" got. She said she had one or two pieces while she was out with her friends and wanted candy and apple cider for her snack. Inside I cringed, but I okay'd it. This time. So she found six small pieces and grabbed a too large glass of cider and settled in to eat. Of course she didn't measure the cider so I was guessing at carb count. All I could think about was how this was totally going to mess up her numbers, but I kept my mouth shut.

DJ woke up about 4:00 a.m. and got into my bed. I had her test, like I always do when she wakes up in the middle of the night and she was 179. What the what??? This is a GREAT number btw. I'm happy to say that the halloween aftermath consisted only of her being way too tired this morning and complaining when I made her get out of bed at 7:00 a.m. A whole hour later than usual.

Us 1
Diabetes 0

No comments:

Post a Comment