Monday, August 8, 2011

Walk to Cure Diabetes

Every year Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) hosts "The Walk to Cure Diabetes". This is an annual fundraiser to support research for a cure for type 1 diabetes. Below is a link to the story of how JDRF was born. Please, I am literally begging you to watch this.


With enough money we can find a cure! These women are amazing and I am forever in their debt. You cannot imagine what something like diabetes will do to your family until you experience it first hand. The reality of the situation is that until a cure is found my daughter will live every day of her life making herself bleed to test her blood and injecting herself with medication. How morbid is that? How would you feel if it were your child or grandchild?

I am asking each of you to donate $5, $10, $20. Anything helps. If you can sign up to walk with us and raise money that would be even better! If we had a 10 person team and each of us ased 10 people for $10 we would have $1000.

Please help me find a cure for diabetes. Again, I am begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment