Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge (Day 17)

Something you're looking forward to... So many things, how I choose just one...

Given the weather in Oregon lately I'm going to have to go with:

I'm looking forward to the day DJ and I get to take our week long cruise. Plain and simple. I think about it a LOT! We were supposed to go on a cruise this summer but the finances took a temporary nose dive and of course there are the hospital and ambulance bill from February and the camps that she's going to this summer along with the money I've had to put into the car in the last six months... You get the point. Vacation will have to wait. I'm not sorry though, and I'm not sad. I just keep thinking that we will both enjoy it that much more when we do get to go.

Taking a cruise was my idea, there are things for kids and grown-grown ups to do together and separately. DJ and I enjoy each other but we both do better with regular breaks. Spending a week together with no break is probably not the best idea, so going on a vacation that will allow us to do our own thing each day is really for the best. DJ has only one request for this cruise, well two, really. She would like to drink all the soda she wants and she wants to be able to swim with dolphins. I told her yes to both with the understanding that the excursion she's chosen will be likely be spendy so we will spend the rest of our time on shore swimming in the ocean and shopping. We both agree it's a fair compromise.

Well, time to get back to work so I can earn that cruise. If anybody wants to donate to the "Send DJ & Rose on a Cruise Fund" inquire within.

No comments:

Post a Comment