Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Your Favorite Place to Eat

Day 18 People!

Yesterday when I got home and checked the mail I had a nice lil check from Aflac. I fell about a month ago and hurt my tailbone, reported it to Aflac and they kindly sent me a payment for my troubles. I know I've mentioned that the finances are tight, well this was clearly a sign that DJ and I deserved to treat ourselves to dinner. Where did we go? Only our favorite restaurant EVER!

Sushi & Maki is on 182nd in Portland, not far from Clackamas Town Center. DJ and I love us some sushi; we usually make due with Sushiland (which we also love) but nothing compares to our favorite rolls at Sushi & Maki. Sushi & Maki has "state rolls", named after different states, duh... My personal favorite is the Nevada, DJ's fave is the Texas. Add in a little tempura appetizer and some Mochi ice cream for dessert (me green tea & DJ mango) and it was the perfect meal. We were very happy and very satisfied by the time we went home.

I'm one who usually likes to switch it up and try new things when I go out to dinner, I just can't make myself do that at Sushi & Maki. I love what I love and I can't imagine wasting my visit on something I may not love as much as the old favorites.

Add in the fact that our favorite server knows us, she hugs DJ and calls us by name, and I would say it's a 5 star experience every time we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment