Tuesday, May 17, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Something You Miss (Day 19)

I'm a little behind in this 30 Day Blog Challenge thing, but hey-it's not like it's my JOB! Also, I get stuck on some of these topics. It's taken me a while to figure out what I miss. My life is pretty dang fantastic, I just don't have much to complain about. Here comes the #1 gripe...

I miss SLEEP! I remember pre-child I had a few obligations, like working and drinking and shopping, and other than that I could sleep whenever I wanted to. I slept good too. Sometimes, I would just think, "I'm tired, I think I'll take a nap". Then I would.

When I found out I was pregnant my biggest fear was lack of sleep. No kidding. I wasn't so worried about labor, or the finacial burden of a child, or even the pesky teenage years. Nope. I knew I was going to be missing out on precious sleep. Once DJ was born I realized that lack of sleep was a temporary thing and I could totally get through these younger years because once she's able to be more self sufficient, sweet relief is mine!

There were a couple of years where I could turn on the tv on and get a little extra shut eye (yes, at times i was that mom) or nap with one eye open. Eventually she could get up and grab a bowl of cereal, turn on the television and hang out until mom woke up (8:00 a.m. is sleeping in you know). Once DJ reached that point I no longer felt sleep deprived. She'd sleep all night, let me get a little extra on the weekends and life was pretty good in that sense.

Then she got diagnosed with diabetes. Seriously? Am I being punked? This is a whole 'nother post, but I probably haven't gotten a whole months worth of good nights sleep in the past 5 1/2 years. No kidding. Because of this, I know I look tired, I know I'm grumpy and I know I need to relax. You really don't have to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment