Monday, September 26, 2011

Your Last Kiss

I like routine. I actually need routine. Every morning (Monday through Friday) I wake up, do some form of exercise, feed the dogs and let them out, shower, wake up DJ, make our lunches for the day, then say my goodbyes to everyone in the house so I can head to work.The one variation in the morning routine is whether or not I exercise before work or wait until after so I can sleep in an extra 30 minutes or so. The rest of the routine, well it stays the same.

Giving DJ a hug and a kiss goodbye is the last thing I do before I walk out the door every morning, to get my day off to a good start. I'm a believer that we have to tell the ones we love them and I like to hug and kiss the kids as much as I can; kid hugs and kisses are the best. Today when I was hugging and kissing DJ goodbye (on the cheek-I think she'd want me to make that clear) and telling her to have a good day at school I realized that this is the last morning I would kiss my 12-year-old goodbye. Tomorrow, when I send her off to school and tell her to enjoy her day I will be talking to a teenager. *sigh*



This morning I was little outside my routine because I had to go to my brothers to swap cars. I got to kiss my two handsome nephews, Joshua and Nathanial, goodbye too.

It was a good morning, full of love and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment