Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge (Day 1)


Introduction & Recent Picture of Myself


My name is Rose Browning, mother of one child and owner of two dogs. I grew up in SE Portland with my mom, step-dad and brother; I have a sister in Ohio and I have two brothers and two sisters in Ohio. I also have a sister and a brother "through marriage" (I hate the word "step" in relation to my family). I actually have more family than I can count in these two states and a few others sprinkled across the U.S.


I spent 7 years in the Army and was lucky enough to travel some, although I didn't take advantage of the opportunities I had-that might be my biggest regret in life. Now I work at a homeless shelter in Tigard, Oregon. Maybe not my "dream" job, but definitely a job that I love. I look forward to going to work in the mornings and if Ihave to put in some extra hours I don't mind at all.


I am lucky enough to have friends and family I can trust and I can count on; I just don't know what is more important than that! I am 37 years old; it has taken me that long to cultivate the fabulous life I have now. I have learned that things and people are not always what they seem, I have learned that people can outgrow each other and it's okay to move on, I have learned what is important in life.

(This pic was taken in February in Hawaii. I chose it because I wish I was there right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment