Friday, April 22, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge (Day 15)

Bible Verse

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". -John 3:16

First of all, how fitting that this is today's blog.

When I was a kid and I lived in Portland on 181st there was a church bus that came around every Sunday and gave us kids a ride to church. I went because it was something to do; I wasn't raised in a religious household, we didn't talk about God or Jesus or the real meaning of holidays, so church was just something to do. In Sunday school they would give us little challenges and if we met the challenge we would get to pick a small prize. The only challenge I really remember was to learn this Bible verse and recite it in front of the classs. I remember receiving a little framed picture of Jesus, just a bit bigger than one you would find in Barbie's dream house. I loved that picture and took great pride in having earned it.

I like this verse not only because it reminds me a fond childhood memory, but because it brings me comfort, gratitude and is a reminder that although He holds my fate in his hands I have to choose Him in order to have everlasting life and one day be reunited with my loved ones.

I believe and I choose His way.

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment