Saturday, April 9, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge (Day 8)

A Place You've Travelled To

I've travelled to a few places, but my favorite (which I was lucky enough to live for a while) was Germany. I was stationed in Germany from 1995-1999 and let me tell you-some of the BEST years of my life were spent there. I did not join the Army to "travel the world", like so many people I know do, but I can't deny that one of the benefits of joining was getting to spend some time in Europe.

While I was stationed in Germany I met some of the best friends of my life, family really. I also was able to travel to other European countries fairly cheap. Unfortunately I didn't make the most of my time in Germany, but I did travel quite a bit of the country, as well as visiting Spain, Belgium and much of France. Visiting other countries was fun, but Germany was my favorite by far.

Germany is much like Oregon in that it rains a lot, it's very green and it's absolutely beautiful. I always felt very at home in Germany and leaving it behind to come back to the states was a tough decision. DJ was born in Germany and I hope to take her back there so she can visit the place where she was born and maybe get a glimpse of why I love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment